Sunday, August 23, 2009

Steppin' it up on Stewart

I guess I should wax philosophical about the Vine Street Exodus. It's truly been a whirlwind week. The excitement of the house was tampered a bit by some drama/vandalism at the barn but overall it's definitely been a memorable week.

At this point on late Sunday afternoon the house is pretty much in order. The boxes are unpacked. . . the pictures are hung. . .the batcave is in order. . .it's feeling like home. And Jenny and I are very humbled and happy by the whole experience. It's been a four month odyssey (with thankfully not much drama) and we're glad to have finally made the last transition into our new house.

But taking that final load from 129 S. Vine to our new house was somewhat bittersweet. Don't get me wrong, I'm overjoyed to be in our new homestead but leaving Vine Street was a little emotional. I've lived on Vine Street for almost eight years. During that time I had a lot of good times--The Feelin' Fine on Vine mystique was born there. I was roommates with life long friends who are still life long friends--even after living with me and putting up with my shenanigans (like yelling at the TV or breaking patio furniture). Good Times.

But let's call a spade a spade. . .the most important development in my Vine Street history was falling in love with my beautiful wife. So obviously that ranks number in my book.

So with that chapter closed, we're excited to start making new memories on Stewart Street. So if people are in Greensburg feel free to stop by. Jenny and I are ready to entertain visitors.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yea for a new house! We can't wait to see it.

What's up with the vandalism/drama at the barn? Is everything okay?

akemijoy said...

Hooray for the move! We are looking forward to seeing your home in all its glory on our next trip out.

Sorry to hear about the vandalism/drama. Hope all is well at the barn, and with all of you.