Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bracket Madness

It's that time of year where everyone fills out their brackets for the NCAA tournament. I don't think there's any question that the NCAA tournament is the best sporting event out there. I love filling out the brackets and watching the games. The suspense from day to day and week to week is unparalleled in the sporting world.

But it does stink when one's team (in this case--Indiana) is not in the field. Hence filling out the bracket just isn't quite as fun when The Hoosiers aren't playing. Even in years when it was a stretch for them to make the final four...I always held out hope for them to make a run. So consequently it is not quite as fullfilling filling out the bracket when one's favorite team is absent.

For what it is worth...I've got Louisville, Memphis, Pittsburgh and Gonzaga in the Final Four...with Memphis winning. I'm not to excited are confident in these predictions. I mean I have Memphis winning...how great is that?

The time of year also breeds another phenomenon...that of other brackets and tournaments for random things. For those that might be disillusioned with the NCAA bracket there are several alternatives.

Of course there's always a "hot women" bracket...thanks Q95.
Marisa Miller vs. Erin Andrews in the finale is quite a toss up.

If music is your thing...here's a classic rock bracket. My final four was Baba O'Reilly, Born to Run, All Along the Watchtower and A Day in the Life. Born to Run topped A Day in the Life in the finals...tough match up though. Although the seeding in this tournament defies logic...Turn the Page a #2 seed...Hotel California, Bohemian Rhapsody and Back in Black were #1 seeds (Stairway to Heaven was the other #1 seed...I can accept that...but I don't get most of the other ones).

Here's another one that I came across...it's the Tournament of Bad...put together by 670 The Score out of Chicago. It's a pretty funny bracket. My final four was Octomon, Rod Blagojevich, Dane Cook and heartburn. Dane Cook was victorious over Octomon. (In your face heartburn).

I'm sure there's more out there...those are just the ones that I've come across.


No comments: