Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wonder Woman movie

Unfortunately I'm not talking about a feature film ( I don't know why Warner Bros and DC Comics can't get a Wonder Woman film in production...but that's a complaint for another day).

What I am talking about is the latest direct-to-DVD animated movie from Warner Bros. Animation.

First there was Superman/Doomsday...than Justice League: The New Frontier...Batman: Gotham Knights and now that boldly named, Wonder Woman.

I watched it last night...and it is just as solid as the previous feature length animated movies. Now it is rated PG-13 and there are some intense action scenes but overall it's an entertaining spectacle that remains faithful to the Wonder Woman mythos.

The Waitress duo of Keri Russel and Nathan Fillion perform the respected voice work of Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor and both do a solid job. Actually I was thinking if a feature length production ever did get off the ground both of these actors could probably pull the rolls off...especially Fillion as Trevor. (although...Russel as Wonder Woman is a little more questionable).

Nonetheless here's the trailer for those interested:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't see Keri Russell as Wonder Woman. I wonder who would play her? I think the actress that played Chloe on Days would be good. I hope it's not Jessica Biel.

Valerie