Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Believe in Obama

I've been meaning to have a political post for a number of months but hadn't...mainly because of my frustration with the Democratic presidential race. Namely the fact that it appeared that Hillary was going to get the nomination and that it wasn't even going to be contest (that's what frustrated me the most--that it wasn't going to be a true state to state primary race). I'm a Barack guy...I want him to win the nomination. I was just getting more and more frustrated with how his numbers were consitently behind Hillary's and that her nomination was inevitable.

I need to remind myself that it isn't over yet. In fact Obama is currently favored in Iowa. Of course I think this is great news. I'm glad that my fellow democrats are seeing that Obama is best choice for the job and that is electability, in some ways, is better than Hillary's.

Hillary Clinton is too polarizing of a figure and if she's the nominee I'm certainly not convinced that she would win...even against a Republican candidate that at this point...is not going to have a lot of clout even with his own party--that's how fractured the Republicans are right now. I'm convinced because I've heard people say it that some Republican voters (and some of these are die-hard Republicans) would consider voting for Obama. But these people will never...and I mean never vote for Hillary. That is one of the main reasons why I like Obama. He's a uniter...he's a voice of change...I believe he's what this country needs to get back on track. He resonates on all sides of the political spectrum. I just don't see a Hillary nomination (or win) as what this country needs to completely move forward from the debacle of our current administration.

That's it for now as my lunch break is about over...But I'm pretty sure that as the calender turns...my political rants are going to get more and more intense.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The media, for some reason, definitely wanted us to believe that Hillary had alredy won the nomination. Turns out that the primaries hadn't happened yet. I don't hate Hillary, but I find her uninspiring. My heart has definitely been leaning towards Obama all along. Maybe it's time I get off my butt and do some work for him.

Slammin' Sam said...

word.

Anonymous said...

I feel the democrats would definitely be shooting themselves in the foot with giving Hilary their nomination. Obama is intriguing, though I am not ready to jump on the bandwagon as of yet. I want to know more about his religious beliefs and this isn't because of all the crap that comes over email.