Friday, March 21, 2008

"It's Been a Long Time Comin'"

As the title of my entry declares...I have Springsteen on my mind. Unfortunately I missed the Springsteen concert in Indy on Thursday night but Jenny and I are going to the Cincy show on Saturday night. It looks as if I missed a heck of a show...considering how close my friends were to the stage (further proof can be found on my cell phone via a picture that was texted to me last night). I really wanted to go...but...as most people know...Thursday nights for me are almost always busy. I have to admit I'm slightly jealous of not being able to be in the pit during the show...but things tend to work out for a reason....as I had my own personal moment last night.



With my auctioneer license finally in hand (after 80 hours of class and taking and passing the state test)...I took the auction block last night. Needless to say I was pretty nervous...almost wedding nervous. Ultimately I sold for about 30 minutes and the response was quite positive. I don't think I had to many errors and the crowed was very receptive.




Getting my auctioneer's license was probably long overdue...but no need to dwell on the past...It felt pretty natural being up there...after a few...maybe several... minutes. I just hope I can continue to improve...week after week. I do feel proud to continue the tradition that was started by my grandpa.



What are the odds that Springsteen would be having a concert in Indy on the very first Thursday night that I would be able to call a sale? Maybe the same odds of someone filling out a perfect NCAA bracket.




It's all good. I'm excited about it...relieved that my first time on the block is out of the way...and now I can fully concentrate on the Boss rocking Cincinasty...as well as watching the Hoosiers tonight (although I don't have a real positive feeling about tonight's game).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your auction license Ryan. I am sure Grandpa & Grandma would be really proud of you.
~susan

Slammin' Sam said...

congrats on the license, dude. next time i'm around the gas creek area on a thursday, i'll come see you in action.

word.