Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snow Can't Stop Obama


A few days ago I finally received my Obama yard sign. Unfortunately it didn't bring good luck...with regard to the Ohio and Texas primaries. Unfortunately again, it has been punished by Indiana's crazy weather. First it was the wind and rain from earlier this week and now the snow has blanketed it.

Yes that's right...the snow. Although the calender says March it certainly is not spring time yet. The weather dopes (and yes that includes Angela Buchman) in Indianapolis finally got one right. Unofficially (by me putting a yard stick in the front yard) we had 8-9 inches of snow. As of right now it's not too bad out there. The side streets are still zippy but the main thoroughfares in town are in good shape. That definitely was not the case early this morning.

Jenny normally does are grocery shopping on Saturday morning and this morning was no different. After I shoveled out my car we both ventured to Wal-Mart.
As was the case with the Winter Blast of 2004 (picture below)
the roads in town...including Main St. and Lincoln St. were just horrendous. The trip to Wal-Mart including shopping took over an hour. Some idiot (I'm guessing whoever cleaned out the Pizza King parking lot) had pushed the snow from the Pizza King lot into Lincoln Street. That was really smart.

As the snow continued to fall and with Decatur County in a Winter Storm Warning, Jenny and I abandoned a trip to Indy (sorry Indy folks) and spent the afternoon in doors watching CNN (good job Wyoming) and the movie In the Valley Elah (which is a pretty darn good movie). My parents wanted to go out to supper so we ended up going to Chili's around 5:00. Needless to say, the sun finally came out and started to melt the snow away at least on the main streets of town. It was a stark departure from the weather of this morning.

It's that crazy Indiana weather.

By the way, my streak of consecutive days without sleeping-in is officially over. I cannot believe that I went forty-one days doing that. I don't advise doing that.

Never again.



2 comments:

akemijoy said...

So, how does Indiana work? Do y'all have a caucus, primary, or both? Cheers and good luck!

Maddog said...

open primary