Sunday, February 22, 2009

Artcraft Theatre

On Friday Jenny and I had the pleasure to attend the sponsorship party at the Artcraft Theatre in Franklin. The Artcraft Theatre is currently owned and operated by The Franklin Heritage group and one of the things they do is to show classic films--on an every other weekend basis. I haven't been as many times as I should have been but over the years Jenny and I have enjoyed some awesome cinematic experiences--watching Ben-Hur and Bullitt on the big screen among others.

Although we didn't pony up enough funds to sponsor a movie I still feel the need to spread the word in what the Artcraft is doing. Over the next year and half they will be showing such gems as The Last Crusade, E.T., The Philadelphia Story, It Happened One Night, The Godfather, On the Waterfront and Casablanca.

Over the next year Jenny and I are going to make a more concerted effort to hit some of these movies and to invite our friends along.

Nothing beats watching a movie on the big screen (and eating pizza at The Williard--which is conveniently located next door to the theatre).


No comments: