Monday, April 6, 2009

2009 MLB Predictions

For what it's worth here are my predictions for the upcoming baseball season. I'm hesitant to do this because my predictions last year were very forgettable (and I'm not even going to link them).

Let's get to it...

National League

NL East: New York Mets (they have improved where they needed to...and their stars are in their prime)

NL Central: Chicago Cubs (they are still loaded...plus there's no other team in the division that I feel that are on their level)

NL West: Los Angles Dodgers (they have starting pitching concern but Manny makes that lineup the real deal)

NL Wild Card: Philadelphia Phillies (if Hammels isn't right...than maybe I don't see them winning the Wild Card but they are going to score a lot of runs regardless so I'll stick to it)

Dodgers over Phillies
Cubs over Mets

Dodgers over Cubs

American League

AL East: New York Yankees (I know it's generic but Sabathia and Teixeria are solid additions)

AL Central: Minnesota Twins (I don't know how they do it but they just get it done seemingly year after year)

AL West: Los Angles Angels (they definitely have pitching concerns but so does almost everyone else in that division)

AL Wild Card: Tampa Rays (they are young, athletic and hungry for a title--that's a recipe for success)


Yankees over Angles
Rays over Twins

Rays over Yankees


World Series match up...Dodgers vs. Rays...and I'm going with the Rays.


NL MVP: Manny Ramirez
AL MVP: Mark Texieria

NL Cy Young: Johan Santana
AL Cy Young: Francisco Liriano



No comments: