Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Well...that's about the way it goes. I didn't get home in time to live blog Maddux's start last night and lo and behold he picks up win #354. He's now tied with Roger Clemens for eighth place on the all-time wins list. And the Dodgers remained only 2.5 games behind the Diamondbacks for the NL West lead.

I did end up watching most of the game but the reason I didn't see the start of it was because Jenny and I spent Sunday and Monday down in Russelville, Kentucky
visiting Jenny's brother, Chad and his family. We were celebrating his daughter's, Aubrey, first birthday party. We had a really good time as Jenny's whole family shared in the celebration.





But we also had the opportunity to see The Dark Knight on the IMAX
in Louisville on our way home. This was a long time coming. Some people are aware that I infamously got jammed by construction on 465 several weeks ago that thwarted my attempt to see the movie. But anyway Jenny and I finally made it. And it was very cool...and well worth it. Also...that makes my fourth time seeing The Dark Knight and that ties my personal record for most times seeing a movie in the theatre (Pulp Fiction and Star Wars: A New Hope).

I guess it's also worth mentioning that I had a live fantasy draft with my college buddies on Saturday so all in all I had a pretty eventful and fun weekend.

I'll definitely take a day when I see The Dark Knight on the IMAX and that Maddux picks up a win.

And visiting family and friends is cool as well :).




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That goes to show you that you shouldn't live blog the games!

Remember, the jersey?

Were you more excited to see Jenny's family, the movie or hear that Maddux won?

Glad to see a family photo! :)

Slammin' Sam said...

dude, don't give up the live blog!

glad you finally got to see the dark knight on imax. we were actually tossing around the idea of seeing it again (for the third time). did you see it picked up $500 million already?

word.

Unknown said...

have you checked out the live chat with Greg on the dodgers website? it's pretty funny. There's definitely some statements in there that show that he is a Maddux.

- Peter

Maddog said...

Just read it...

Definitely a Maddux...as he talked about going to the bathroom.