Thursday, November 15, 2007

"Maybe we ain't that young anymore..."

Well I turned 30 yesterday...and I can safely say it doesn't feel any different. Not that I was expecting it too...but one never knows. Although I was thinking that it is a big difference that there isn't a number "2" in front of your age. Even if you were in your late 20's...you were sill in your twenties, which is still a sign of being young. Once you turn 30 that's all over. Even the word "thirty" is just so much more harsh sounding than saying that you are twenty-something.

I will say that I don't feel old(er). In fact I pretty much feel and act the same way I've always acted. That might be kind of ridiculous to some people...but I would argue that it's being consistent. I've always thought that I've had a decent maturity-level.

Enough of that psyco-babble.

--Dwight Freeney's season is done...but the Colts season isn't. This team is tough and will still hold onto the number 2 seed in the AFC.

--Padres ace, Jake Peavy, won the NL Cy Young award today...not to surpring considering that he lead the NL in wins, strikeouts and ERA...although he didn't pitch to hot in the one game playoff with the Rockies.

--I'm almost officially done with Sportscenter. They should just rename the show "New England Patriots Hype Machine." They are seriously running a daily segment on the "pursuit of perfection." Please. I don't remember that segment when the Colts started the season 13-0. Total Crap.

2 comments:

StuckeySpalt said...

Let's just say the Magic Rocks are in the mail...

Slammin' Sam said...

now that your 30, i think it's time to run for mayor.

get 'er done.