Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday Morning Rumblings

For my birthday, which is actually on the 14th, Jenny took me to Superhero Museum in downtown Indy. For 5 bucks a person, it's pretty cool. It takes about a half hour to go through and they have some pretty cool stuff. It's really a Superman/Batman museum as about 65% of the exhibits are Superman related and the other 35% is Batman. The highlights of the museum would be the Bat-boat from the 1966 Batman movie and the Batmobile from the 1989 film. That stuff is pretty cool. He also has costumes from the Superman film/TV incarnations--all the way from the 1940's movie serials to Smallville. They even have an autographed Club Zero-esque Michael Rosenbaum shirt. The museum is just filled with a lot of toys, some old, and other collectibles showcasing Superman and Batman. I'll be frank...take away the Batman movie artifacts...I would have to put my personal Batman collection against that of the museum's. All in all it was cool...while we were downtown...Jenny did treat me to lunch at Rock Bottom...and some Circle City Light. (Petty, you would have been able to get in this time)

--For cable subscribers in Indy...still no Big Ten Network. This issue has completely pissed me off to the extent that it's just about fried my brain. I'm holding out hope that something gets done...but if not I might be at Links during some of the IU games that will be on the Big Ten Network. I guess I should just get satellite but in reality I'm very satisfied with my digital cable...so I don't know.

--We officially have new neighbors at 127...haven't met them yet (a guy and girl couple) but to my surprise they have an outside pet dog.

--I hope the Colts rebound this weekend...but I'm weary just because the team is so banged up. Another loss is not going to wreck their season...but I want them to hold on to that number 2 seed in the AFC. Should be Addai time again.

--The Hoosiers kick off their season on Monday night and I think they are going to have a stellar year. They should compete if not win the Big Ten and a run at the Final Four is definitely not out of the question.

No comments: