Saturday, November 3, 2007

Saturday Morning Thoughts

I haven't written a lot lately...not sure why...but it seems that I've been overly tired after getting home from work. I think the change in weather has my allergies in a funk.

Regardless a couple of things...

--There's a football game going on tomorrow...maybe the GREATEST REGULAR SEASON NFL GAME EVER...as the coverage on ESPN has been non-stop. The only way it could be a bigger story if by some chance the Yankees or A-rod were involved. Anyway, it looks Marvin Harrison might not play again. Which stinks...there was even a report that his knee pain would not only effect him this season but for the rest of his career. Since then the Colts have countered that report of saying that it isn't true. Obviously I hope that is the case as Marvin is my favorite football player...and a key ingredient to the Colts continued success. I have a feeling that he might play tomorrow in a limited fashion.

--Also related to the Colts...I found this interesting post on si.com comparing the 2004 Colts (and Manning's 49 TD passes) to the 2007 Patriots and Brady's pursuit of the record. There is this perception among Colt-haters that the Colts and Manning not only ran the score up on their opponents but that Manning was also padding his numbers. This article puts that nonsense to rest.

--Well it looks like I'm going to have pay ETC a visit. IU tips off the regular season a week from Monday and we still don't have the Big Ten Network on Insight. I've been hesitant because I like Insight's service (ie. the dual DVR box that we have)...if ETC has that...we'll be making the move for sure...if they don't...I'm not sure what we are going to do. It's frustrating me...plus I have this suspicion that Insight might eventually get it done at the last minute. That is normally how those deals go down. Bottom line...it's pissing me off.

Have a great weekend...Go Colts!

No comments: