Friday, August 3, 2007

That sure woke me up

I'm sitting here this morning...checking my teams...while watching Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN2. Mike and Mike are not there so I'm blessed with Doug Gottlieb and some other dude.

No shitting...Gottlieb just referred to Micheal Irvin, who is getting inducted into the NFL hall of fame this weekend, as the second greatest wide receiver of all time.

Wow...they pay this guy for his thoughts.

Update: Here are Michael Irvin's all-time ranks:

Receptions...he is 21st all time (750)
Receiving TD's...he is 43rd all time (65)
Yards...he is 14th all time (11,904).

By comparison

Marvin Harrison is

4th in all time receptions (1,022)
3rd in receiving TD's (122)
6th in receiving yards (13,697).

Again...maybe the dumbest comment that I've ever heard coming from an ESPN "analyst"




No comments: