Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Are you ready for some football!

The Colts kick off their bid to repeat as Super Bowl champs tonight when they open up the NFL season against the New Orleans Saints.

I'm ready.

I never thought I would be as big as a football fan as I am. I still like the sports of baseball and basketball better but I really like professional football (and the Colts). I'll concede that I didn't always like football but two things propelled my fondness of the sport--fantasy sports and Sunday gathering on 127 S. Vine. The fantasy sports speak for itself. I'm a fantasy dork. The key really lies with the routine football watching that occurred when Andy (and then Mike) and I lived on S. Vine. It was never really planned at first...but Sunday's just became "hey let's just watch the Colts day." It blossomed after that...ultimately culminating in last year's Super Bowl win. It was just the perfect apex of those weeks of hanging out and having a good time. I had a feeling that would be the last game at 127 S. Vine and it was a perfect way to end it.

Now with friends more spread out...we now have a rotating schedule that I'm looking forward too. I'm also looking forward for the Colts to have another outstanding year.

As Hank says (via Chris Farley)...The Saints and Colts are coming over tonight.

Go Horse!

1 comment:

Slammin' Sam said...

crap! i forgot that was this weekend.

you are totally going to kick my ass in teh matchup this week.