Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Eight Day a Week

I almost forgot...over the weekend...we saw the Beatles tribute band, Eight Days a Week at the Greensburg Fall Festival.

I haven't been to the Fall Festival festivities on a Saturday night in a long time...but must say that Jenny, my mom and dad...all had a great time watching the band on Saturday night. It was a quite large crowd...even for a chilly night.

The show consisted of two parts...the band came out in matching suits and played for an hour of early Beatles hits (including a solid version of I Should Have Known Better).

For the second part...the band came out in Sgt. Pepper gear and played close to another hour of mid to late Beatles songs. In fact when they came back out they started off by playing the first three songs off of Sgt. Peppers. And I thought for a split second that they might do the entire album, which would have been a quite arduous task...but if pulled off...would have been awesome. Reality sunk in...and the band moved on to some other songs. I know I was getting ahead of myself...after all it would be quite difficult to pull that off with just four musicians.

Regardless, Eight Days a Week put forth a solid show that the people of Greensburg--especially me and my family-- really dug.

No comments: