Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Theory on The Fountain

The Fountain was a film...that at least in my eyes...was an artistic disappointment. By no means was it a complete failure but it didn't live up to my expectations (after all Darren Aronofsky is an accomplished director).

Via joblo.com I found this article explaining what the Fountain was all about. Click here to read. It was posted on rogerebert.com but the commentary is by a guy named Matt Withers.

I'll have to give him credit...his take makes a lot of sense in terms of what Aronofksy was trying to accomplish with the movie. I'm not saying that it has completely changed my feelings about the movie...moreover it does make me want to watch it again and see if my perceptions about the film have changed knowing what I know now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That article was not convincing enough. I am glad someone enjoyed that movie, but it seems like this guy was trying really hard to like it.