Sunday, June 1, 2008

New Math

I am so over the Hillary Clinton campaign.

As many of you know the DNC Rules and Bylaws Committee agreed to sit the formerly estranged Florida and Michigan delegation albeit with only half the vote.

I think it was a pretty good compromise. The walked a fine line of upholding the rules while not disenfranchising the voters (that they will need this fall). Obviously it didn't make everyone happy--mainly most Clinton supporters.

I watched it off-and-on on Saturday. I couldn't handle watching it at most times. There was zero culpability from the Clinton supporters from Florida and Michigan admitting that those states violated the rules.
Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules.


But regardless what really pisses me off is the Clinton Machine. They will spin...twist...and and spin some more to make the truth as they see fit. Clinton apologist Howard Ickes was on Meet the Press the morning. He's the idiot...I mean person...that alluded to this going all the way to the convention at the end of the DNC committee meeting on yesterday. Tim Russert hit him pretty hard on the fuzzy math that they are using on this "popular vote argument" that they are making to Super Delegates.



Not only does that bother me but this idea that the popular vote entitles one to the nomination is ludicrous. (It's the delegates, stupid). It's hard to ascertain (if not impossible) popular vote numbers from caucus states. Plus it's complete lunacy to count the Michigan vote for Clinton when Obama wasn't even on the freakin' ballot I'm just so sick of the Clinton spin. Now I know that all politicians spin things but the Clinton's are a master of it and I for one am over it...as I believe that a lot of people are. Now I'm not naive...I know that if Obama gets to the White House that he's not going to change the nature of politics in Washington...but damn if he just gets rid of the "bullshit" than that will be at least be a start and be something positive.

I like to think that once Obama gets to the magic number of 2118, which I believe he will sometime next week, Clinton will exit the race in a graceful manner. But there's no guarantee of that. And that further frustrates me...because the longer this drags on...the harder it's going to be to unite the party.




2 comments:

Slammin' Sam said...

i give a shit about the rules. i really don't think florida and michigan should have had delegates. they outright and knowingly broke the rules. that they get to sit any delegates at all (even half) is crap.

Kernsie said...

Let's not forget that in Flordida anyway, the law passed to move the primaries up was passed by a Republican majority state congress. Florida's Democrats were basically disenfranchised by the Republican party even though they have nothing to do with DNC affairs!

The most fair way to handle MI & FL would be to evenly distribute the delegates to every candidate who was running at that time. That's my opinion.