Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Best Picture Talk II

The Oscars nominations will be announced tomorrow at 8:30 AM. I was originally planning a thorough examination of the contenders but I'm not sure if that is needed. Last month I predicted the following five films would garner a nomination--Milk, Slumdog Millionaire, Frost/Nixon, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and The Dark Knight. I'm making one change...I think The Wrestler is going to sneak in there and bump Frost/Nixon from the last spot. I'm not suggesting that one movie is more deserving than the other (especially since I haven't seen Frost/Nixon) but I just think the buzz is building for The Wrestler.

Here's my prediction...

Milk
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Frost/Nixon
The Dark Knight
The Wrestler


Additionally...I just have to say something about the history that occurred yesterday.

I had a strong feeling of pride and humbleness while watching the festivities on TV...and a I also had a strong feeling of hope that our country is back on the right track. More importantly I take it to heart the call for service that Obama spoke of. Those looking for a way to volunteer can visit The President's USA service website. It doesn't take volunteering for the Peace Corps (although that is admirable) to make a difference. One can still make a difference doing it locally--whether it's giving blood or volunteering at a school.

No comments: