Thursday, January 1, 2009

Top Tunes of 2008

For the past several years...even before we were dating...I've made a "Best of..." CD mix for Jenny.

After working it out...here's this year's track list. Now I just need to acquire some blank CD's, which sounds so old-fashioned.

1. The Hold Steady, "Constructive Summer"
2. Rihanna, "Distubia"
3. Blitzen Trapper, "Furr"
4. The Ting Tings, "Shut Up and Let Me Go"
5. Mates of State, "The Re-Arranger"
6. The Killers, "Spaceman"
7. Ryan Adams, "Fix It"
8. Vampire Weekend, "M79"
9. The Gaslight Anthem, "The '59 Sound"
10. The Submarines, "You, Me, and the Bourgeoisie"
11. Panic At the Disco, "Nine In the Afternoon"
12. Jay-Z & T.I., "Swagga Like Us (featuring Kanye West and Lil Wayne)
13. Black Kids, "Look at Me (When I Rock Wichoo)
14. R.E.M., "Supernatural Superserious"
15. MGMT, "Time to Pretend"
16. The Fireman, "Sing the Changes"
17. Titus Andronicus, "Titus Andronicus"
18. The Walkmen, "In the New Year"
19. Vampire Weekend, "A-Punk"
20. Coldplay, "Viva la Vida"
21. Oasis, "I'm Outta Time"
22. Bruce Springsteen, "The Wrestler"

--I've bold faced my five favorite songs on the year.

--For what it's worth I would vote for Vampire Weekend's self-titled CD as the album of the year.



No comments: