Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sunday Morning Come Down

I haven't posted all weekend...Jenny and I were in Franklin celebrating homecoming. Other than the flat tire I got when I got off the Shelbyville exit--en route to Franklin...we had a fun weekend. (thankfully Wal-Mart was still open and the tire only needed a new valve stem--which was only ten bucks--so that was a relief).

We had a great time visiting friends, while dominating some Williard Pizza...and later some hash browns (Waffle and Steak)...and later some Eggs Benedict (at Don and Donna's). The only negative was that Petty didn't show up to the Saturday morning golf scramble...thus he's going to get a punch in the face at some point.

Changing gears a bit...everyone knows at this point that the Cubs are out. Not really much to say and analyze...they played crappy...especially the offense. When you hit into a double play--like in almost every inning--just not going to win a playoff game. There's always next year. As for who to root for...I'm going with the Cleveland. (Normally it would be an NL team...but it's frustrating that both teams left are from the NL West...one of those teams should have been the Padres...dammit) Anyhow we had a good time at Jacobs Filed last year...and the Indians haven't won a World Series since 1948 and the city of Cleveland hasn't won a title since 1964 (NFL title). They are staving for a title.

In my sports world...in years past...this would be the time where I would change gears from baseball to college basketball. When my baseball team(s) would be eliminated I would shift all my focus to IU basketball. In the spring...the reverse would be true. It works out well with the calender as college basketball ends right when the MLB season opens. It was very cyclical. But now that I'm big NFL--Colts fan--that change isn't as drastic as the Colts now occupy a lot of my sports world...and I'm cool with that.

I hope the Colts win today...and salvage some of my sports week.

No comments: