Monday, October 15, 2007

This Story is not going Away

Bob Kravitz of the Indy Star has called for Sampson to be fired and now Kent Benson is beating the drums by saying that he should be let go as well.


I don't dislike Kravitz like a lot of Star Readers but I disagree with his opinion in this case. I think he's just rebel rousing...which is part of his job (to some degree). I think he's just adding fuel to the fire. I don't think Sampson should be fired...although I am tired of this crap of dealing with whether an IU coach should or shouldn't be fired...haven't we be dealing with this shit for years.

Whatever IU does this year (both positive or negative)...I don't see what Sampson did as something that would distract from a potential accomplishment (of say--winning the Big Ten and/or making the final four). I'm not saying that I'm for winning at all costs...conversely I'm just stating that I'm comfortable--at this point--in dealing with Sampson's blunders and not feeling dirty if IU goes on does something awesome. If something else comes out (and it better not) than I might feel different. At this stage, I'm standing by the coach and I hoping that it was just a mistake (or series of mistakes) not premeditated deliberate attempts to violate the rules.

No comments: