Sunday, February 24, 2008

Digger Phelps...all worked up.

I'm too mentally exhausted to fully talk about the debacle that is Indiana Basketball but here is a clip from ESPN gameday (from Saturday) that was pretty intense.




Briefly...Jay Bilas is a dope and I don't why Hubert Davis is an analyst.

And while I don't know if I would have benched the players that skipped practice (hard to know exactly what was going on behind the scenes) I do agree with Digger that this mess is Kelvin Sampson's fault.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I can't watch this yet (still no high speed!), but Hubert is my boy!! I know I have a huge Tar Heel bias, but I like him a lot!

Maddog said...

I might have been a little hard on Hubert...but he doesn't do a whole lot for me. But he's better than Doug Gotlieb and Jimmy Dykes.

Anonymous said...

I think we've talked about Gotlieb before... He's a freaking tool, I hate him. I will say though, I used to think Bilas was awful, but he's grown on me over the last season or two, to the point that I look forward to hearing his take on basketball-related issues. Semi-related note, I feel exactly the opposite about Dickie V--I had been one of his biggest defenders (yes, he's annoying, but at least he's passionate about college basketball! Unlike, say, Billy Packer, who has zero redeeming qualities), but he's just become un-listen-to-able over the last 2-3 or so seasons. And Aimee likes Digger because he color-coordinates his ties and highlighters... sigh.

And on a totally unrelated note--this picture was on the full-length cover of the Star's sports page yesterday, and it seriously choked me up. Then I found it on si.com and now it's my background and will stay there at least until the end of the season. DJ's face pretty much sums up exactly how I feel about the state of IU basketball right now.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/cory_mccartney/02/25/fast.break/index.html?eref=T1