Thursday, February 7, 2008

"Yes We Can"

Arguable the results of Super Tuesday (on the Democrat side) were a draw. But with a few days to actually tally up the results, it is not a stretch to say that Obama really came out on top. He won the most states...14 to her 8 and according to the AP and NBC news Obama came out on top of the delegate count by the slimmest of margins (although exact numbers still aren't set on stone).


But even better news came on Wednesday when the Clinton campaign revealed that Hillary had
loaned 5 million dollars to the campaign. Not a good sign. Whereas Obama has been a fund-raising machine.



I don't think the tide has turned. I still think they are neck and neck. But if Obama can continue to gain momentum by winning this
weekend and then by winning the "Potamac Primary" on next Tuesday then I think he will be in position to win Ohio, which I think will put (although not by the delegate count) on top.


2 comments:

Slammin' Sam said...

i wish i had $5 million to lend out...

Anonymous said...

I really think this "Yes We Can" speech might go down as one of the most powerful in American history... like "I Have a Dream" and "Gettysburg Address" powerful. Assuming he wins in November I guess. I really hope he gets the chance to try and unite this nation.

Here's an un-gussied-up version of the speech:

http://commoniowan.blogspot.com/2008/01/barack-obama-yes-we-can.html

Skip ahead to about the 9:10 mark to hear the parts that were used in the will.i.am music video.