Friday, July 27, 2007

The Dark Knight Teaser now online!

Click here to see it in quicktime.




Now my thoughts...



It is definitely a teaser as it doesn't show any footage...just voice-over. Although hearing Heath Ledger's voice as the Joker was the real highlight of the teaser. Ledger is a good actor and I'm not worried about his performance as the Joker (the greatest comic book villian of all-time). Is it going to be as good as Nicholson's? That would be impressive if it were...but I'm not going to go into the movie with those expectations. Honestly, I think Ledger is going to make the performance his own--inasmuch--as in tune with the vision that Christopher Nolan (the director) has taken with the franchise.

I do like how Batman Begins and the subsequent sequel really uses the Batman comics as a guideline. The filmmakers are really playing up that notion of a transition from organized crime to crimes perpetrated by "super" villains.

Needless to say...I'm pumped for it.

1 comment:

Slammin' Sam said...

check this out:

http://www.hawkstudios.net/temp/jokerinked.jpg

it's a pretty cool pic of the joker done by hawk over at applegeeks.com .