Saturday, July 21, 2007

Joe Morgan doesn't know if he is coming or going...

Joe Morgan was a great baseball player...one of the best second basemen in history but as a commentator he completely wears me out. He always states the obvious and he treats the televised audience as if they are watching a baseball game for the first time in their lives.

I don't understand why he continues to be ESPN's lead analyst for their Sunday Night Games of the Week. He literally brings nothing to the table in terms of analyzing a game. Now we find out that he doesn't even remember his own playing days. Click here to read this little blurb about a story Joe told last week during the game.

That is just ridiculous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dux, you finally got a baseball-related post we see eye to eye on... Joe Morgan is un-listen-to-able. The only reason those Sunday night games are watchable is the short blurbs that Peter Gammons provides--I could listen to him talk baseball all night long. Who are some decent baseball color guys? I know I'm not exactly going out on a limb here, but I like Bob Costas--does he ever do baseball any more though? and Bob Costas lite, Joe Buck. I don't exactly see them leaving NBC or FOX for THE WORLDWIDE LEADER though...