Sunday, July 15, 2007

Maddux's Maddux-up Fair Food

In the last two nights my wife and I have dominated some fair food. We had the Lett's fish last night...it was excellent. Then we topped that off with some ice cream.

After the parade tonight is when we kicked it up a notch. Jenny had a pork burger from the Smyrna tent...while I had the Smyrna Burger, which was pretty good. The highlight for Jenny was the corn on the cob from the Mason tent. She's definitely going to get another one before the week is over. I did try a bite of it and I'll be joining her in that effort. I also had ribeye sandwich that was also very good. Unfortunately...according to my sister...the tent (Dec. County Beef Association (?) that served it was only going to be their tonight. Let's hope not. I also shared an elephant ear with my sister. Elephant Ears are now five dollars but it's probably still worth it.

The true highlight of the whole night was winning my lady a prize. I stepped up to the basketball booth and drilled both shots. In doing so...I won Jenny a stuffed Batman doll. Needless to say she was thrilled...and just absolutely loved walking around the Midway with the stuffed Batman doll.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should give the batman doll to Blaine.

Anonymous said...

I bet you banked both shots in.