Saturday, July 21, 2007

Final thoughts on Fair

The Decatur County fair is over...now summer is on the downturn.

But anyway..a few thoughts...

Other than Sunday (the parade) and Thursday (kid's day) attendance at the fair was slightly below average. I heard this echoed several places. Wednesday, the last day I attended, there wasn't even a line for the famous Shriner's doughnuts.

I had to work late on Friday so I didn't get the chance to see the Derby...I'm guessing one of the usual suspects probably won.

It was disappointing that some booths were not there this year. No Stewart Seeds and much to my dad and I chagrin no United Methodist Sandusky tent. We were salivating for those coney dogs but it was not meant to be this year.

Congratulations to my mom...as she won Grand Champion for her fudge.

Another year...another fair.

No comments: