Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Academy Award Nominations

The 80th Academy Award Nominations have been been announced.

Click here to see the entire list.

My initial reaction...not too many surprises. American Gangster was virtually shot out of every major category but I don't find that too surprising. Tommy Lee Jones scoring a nod for In the Valley of Elah is kind of surprising mainly because that movie failed to register at all with audiences (Although...I've heard good things about it...It's on my Netflix list). The race is still wide open in what will win best picture. Of note I must toot my own horn (a little bit). About a month ago I predicted the best picture nominees and I missed it by one (darn you Charlie Wilson's War). Four out of five...not to shabby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But will there be an awards show?

This also means I am going to have to watch Atonement. :(

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you got them all except 'There Will Be Blood.' That was the only one I thought was a lock.

Slammin' Sam said...

fantasy oscars this year?